Message Forums
Register  |   |   |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
RexFlin

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 761
Reply with quote  #46 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
I'm not saying Spain is perfect or that it doesn't have it's problems but, in my experience, there is a stronger family & community spirit here. A simple example is walking down the street! In Spain almost everyone (& I mean total strangers) will say hello or wish you good day. In the UK most people dont even speak to their neighbours! It's a society breakdown.

Graham

I fervently believe that sadly society is indeed 'Broken' in the UK.
The foundation of society is the loving care of children by the man and woman who brought their offspring into this world.
In the final analysis such couples need to remain together in harmony and the best way to achieve this is to support the institution of marriage.

A deep personal commitment to marriage and concern about family breakdown drives the thinking of the Conservative leader 'Mr Cameron' and I am delighted that the Conservative Party is strongly in favour of the support of marriage.As such it should be applauded for it's policy on this important issue.

Rex


__________________
The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes - ah, that is where the art resides! ~Artur Schnabel
Chocky

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 5,019
Reply with quote  #47 
Graham, that was an excellent post, and not out of place on here as it's in a non football forum although better off in General Chat in a thread of it's own rather than this thread so it gets the attention it deserves, but that's just the way the thread developed.

What pisses me off is the barrage of stick people get when posting home truths like this on forums, usually full of lefty libs these days (because anyone else is frightened to say anything and bullied off out of it) who have their heads firmly stuck in the sand back there and also the minite you mention something about a person with dark skin or of Muslim faith you are a labelled a BNP Nazi racist scumbag.

Look at just about every town centre on a friday and saturday night in England, kids kicking the living shit out of each other (many of them women) and rucking with the police, do you find that in towns in Spain? No, not even in Madrid. How about the rest of Europe, do you see that behaviour there?

__________________
http://cpfc.org · The UK's largest online football community
RexFlin

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 761
Reply with quote  #48 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky

What pisses me off is the barrage of stick people get when posting home truths like this on forums, usually full of lefty libs these days (because anyone else is frightened to say anything and bullied off out of it) who have their heads firmly stuck in the sand back there and also the minite you mention something about a person with dark skin or of Muslim faith you are a labelled a BNP Nazi racist scumbag.

Chocky

I wholly endorse these sentiments.

Gone are the days when one could call a spade a spade.
One's milk of human kindness can become de-hydrated by the mis-construing of statements and sentiments by the dastardly 'PC Brigade' casting aspersions and deleterious allegations with gay abandon.



Rex

__________________
The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes - ah, that is where the art resides! ~Artur Schnabel
Chocky

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 5,019
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFlin
Gone are the days when one could call a spade a spade.


Quote:
gay abandon.


Take cover Captain Manwearing....PC lefty attack imminent....

__________________
http://cpfc.org · The UK's largest online football community
RexFlin

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 761
Reply with quote  #50 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFlin
Gone are the days when one could call a spade a spade.


Quote:
gay abandon.


Take cover Captain Manwearing....PC lefty attack imminent....

Chocky

I have a rhinocerotic hide and I shall counter any "PC lefty attack" with my customary vim and vigour. Fear not, it is the dastardly 'PC Brigade' types who will be on the receiving end of a vesuvian eruption.



Rex

__________________
The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes - ah, that is where the art resides! ~Artur Schnabel
Maidstoned

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 123
Reply with quote  #51 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky


Look at just about every town centre on a friday and saturday night in England, kids kicking the living shit out of each other (many of them women) and rucking with the police, do you find that in towns in Spain? No, not even in Madrid. How about the rest of Europe, do you see that behaviour there?


Only when the Brits are rolling out of The London Pub or antagonising the locals in 24 hour square.

__________________
Glory Hunting git!

http://www.heartfmspain.com, the true sound of the Pena.
BazHullandMalagaCF

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #52 
Just wonderd how far my hard earned cash  will go when i come over for the Seville home game in March
How much will a pint of estella cost? Carlings about £2.50 in blighty at the mo.
Cruzcampo was about 2euros last time i was over I take it thats £2 now.
Oh yeah I may have to eat as well

 I'm staying at my uncles in Gamanol Benalmadena near Bonanza square so i'ts normally quite cheap around there...but maybe not now


__________________
Wise men say only fools rush in (like i did twice!)
littleal

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 255
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazHullandMalagaCF
Just wonderd how far my hard earned cash  will go when i come over for the Seville home game in March
How much will a pint of estella cost? Carlings about £2.50 in blighty at the mo.
Cruzcampo was about 2euros last time i was over I take it thats £2 now.
Oh yeah I may have to eat as well

 I'm staying at my uncles in Gamanol Benalmadena near Bonanza square so i'ts normally quite cheap around there...but maybe not now


£2.50 for Carling?? Its £3.10 in Aberdeen


My Stella is £3.30!


__________________
http://www.freewebs.com/littlealcpfc
RexFlin

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 761
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleal
[maybe not now

£2.50 for Carling?? Its £3.10 in Aberdeen

I was performing in the 'Nottingham' area last month and was delighted to only have to part with £2.32 for a pint of 'Fosters' at the establishment where I was resident.

Rex

__________________
The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes - ah, that is where the art resides! ~Artur Schnabel
littleal

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 255
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleal
[maybe not now

£2.50 for Carling?? Its £3.10 in Aberdeen

I was performing in the 'Nottingham' area last month and was delighted to only have to part with £2.32 for a pint of 'Fosters' at the establishment where I was resident.

Rex


I thought you would be a twigs and leaves type of drinker. A member of CAMRA.

__________________
http://www.freewebs.com/littlealcpfc
RexFlin

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 761
Reply with quote  #56 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleal
I thought you would be a twigs and leaves type of drinker. A member of CAMRA.
[/QUOTE

I note that 'Stereotyping' is order of the day !

In actual fact my choice of tipple is far and wide and I admit to a total NON observance of teetotalism on numerous occasions!

Twigs and Leaves ? - I am certainly NOT a giraffe !!!

Rex



__________________
The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes - ah, that is where the art resides! ~Artur Schnabel
BazHullandMalagaCF

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #57 
If anyone is passing an euro exchange board on the costas let me know what I'll get over there please.
I'm coming over in March for a few days and wonderd if it was better to pay my june appartment off by bringing £s and exchanging over there.
Or maybe its not worth the hassle 
let me know chaps if you would please as the rate over in blighty is usually lower.

__________________
Wise men say only fools rush in (like i did twice!)
thisisspain

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 333
Reply with quote  #58 
1,13 on Monday but who knows (definitely NOT the banks!) whether it will go up down or wherever by March never mind June!

http://www.xe.com is usually a good guide

__________________
Kind Regards
Steve
http://www.thisisspain.info
BazHullandMalagaCF

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 106
Reply with quote  #59 
I was over in March for the sevilla game and found the beer prices around bonanza square quite reasonable still @ around2 euros a pint.
I really don't understand people in "Blighty"( who normally go abroad) booking Blackpool and Butlins. It must be £3.80 a pint there now and the sun does'nt always shine.
There are bargain flights to be had at the moment normally a couple of hundred quid or more in the summer but some less than £100 at than moment.
 In June my pint on Puerto Marina may be a tad dearer but the views will be slightly better than Blackpool

__________________
Wise men say only fools rush in (like i did twice!)
Etzo

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,724
Reply with quote  #60 
Heard my friend living in Fuengirola, that the weather is very poor. +12 Celsius and raining?

Great because it seems like the global warming has now reached Finland...+20 Celsius for three days on a row now!


__________________
Málaga C.F. fan club Finland

40 years old in the Cup final! Finland has had many presidents, but only one king - Jari Litmanen.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: